The Selling Process
Selling your home requires careful preparation, effective marketing, and skillful negotiation. This page lists the essential steps of the selling process.
Because an effective marketing plan is critical to the exposure and sale of your home, I have created an addtional page that outlines the marketing process. Following is a detailed outline of the selling process:
- Discuss the general factors that influence the sale of your home: location, current market conditions, competing listings, and availability of affordable financing.
- Discuss the specific factors that influence the sale of your home: listing price, condition of property, accessibility for showings, promotional activities, and which agent you choose.
- Meet with you to discuss your goals and objectives in selling your home.
- Determine a strategic listing price by comparing your home to other properties in the neighborhood that are currently on the market, sale pending, or recently sold.
- Arrange the necessary inspections and repairs needed on the property. I will provide you with quality referrals to reputable service providers throughout the transaction: title companies, appraisers, inspectors, stagers, termite companies, licensed contractors.
- Create and implement a marketing plan specifically designed to sell your home, and tailored to your goals and needs. Your custom marketing plan will include proven techniques and strategies for maximizing exposure to the marketplace.
- Suggest ways to 'stage' your home and property for maximum market impact, visual appeal, and financial return. 'Staging' can be as simple as re-arranging your existing furnishings, or as complex as bringing a professional stager with their own furniture, artwork, etc.
- Effectively and creatively promote your property to the real estate community and potential buyers through advertising and networking.
- Provide information about schools, transportation, shopping and the neighborhood to prospective buyers.
- Keep you informed about new inventory coming on the market that is competitive with your home.
- Communicate your desired terms and time frames to the buyer's agent before they write and submit their offer.
- Confirm that all reports and disclosures have been read and acknowedged by the buyer prior to the presentation of the offer. Make sure that the buyer's agent addresses any issues regarding repairs and property condition in their offer. It is in your best interests to negotiate any known problems or issues at this point in the process, especially if there are multiple offers.
- Review the buyer's ability to qualify for financing, and confirm that cash funds are available. We only proceed if a buyer's financial position is strong, ensuring a solid transaction.
- Thoroughly explain all purchase documents and time frames.
- Negotiate the terms and price of your home based on a thorough understanding of your needs and the buyer's motivation and ability to perform.
- Provide an estimate of costs and proceeds for the sale of your home, based on the offer.
- Negotiate needed repairs on the property after the buyer's inspections.
- Monitor the escrow process, ensuring that all time frames are adhered to, and keeping you fully informed. Make sure the buyer is performing in accordance with the purchase contract.
- Arrange for the signing of escrow documents at the title company, as well as the wiring of your proceeds.
- Close the escrow on your home!
Please contact me with any questions about the real estate process, and/or the current real estate market and how it affects you.
Or, click for testimonials I have received from the many sellers I have worked with.
The GRUBB Co., 1960 Mountain Blvd., Oakland, CA 94611
Top of Page
Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /var/www/vhosts/80/240791/webspace/httpdocs/sherrybenninger.com/process_selling.php on line 428
2018 Sherry Benninger. For informational purposes only.
No reprinting of this material is allowed without express written permission.