The Buying Process
Following is a list of the essential components of the buying process that I will assist you with:
- Listen to your needs regarding neighborhood(s), bedrooms and bathrooms, style and age of home, proximity to schools, garage, yard, etc.
- Discuss the home buying process, and current market conditions.
- Provide the names of reputable service providers you will need throughout the process (loan brokers, insurance providers, title companies, appraisers, inspectors).
- Arrange an appointment with a mortgage broker to start the loan approval process.
- Discuss the importance of obtaining pre-approved status before you start looking.
- Provide an estimate of the cash needed to purchase a home.
- Provide location-specific information about schools, transportation, shopping, and neighborhood.
- Preview homes in the neighborhood(s) of your choice.
- Keep you apprised of new inventory coming on the market.
- Review comparable properties that have sold around homes you are interested in, so you can make informed decisions about what kind of offers to make.
- Work with the seller's agent to ensure that the contract terms will accomodate time frames and conditions that the seller desires - very important in today's competitive market.
- Thoroughly explain the purchase documents and customary time frames.
- Negotiate the purchase on your behalf.
- Arrange and attend the necessary inspections on the property, with trusted contractors and inspectors.
- Negotiate needed repairs on the property with the sellers.
- Keep you informed throughout the escrow process.
- Schedule a final walk-through of the property to ensure repairs have been completed as negotiated.
- Arrange for the signing of escrow and financial documents at the title company.
- Close the escrow on your new home!
Please contact me with any questions about the real estate process, and/or the current real estate market and how it affects you.
Or, click here for testimonials I have received from some of the many buyers I have worked with.
The GRUBB Co., 1960 Mountain Blvd., Oakland, CA 94611
Top of Page
Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /var/www/vhosts/80/240791/webspace/httpdocs/sherrybenninger.com/process_buying.php on line 401
2018 Sherry Benninger. For informational purposes only.
No reprinting of this material is allowed without express written permission.